L’École des Facteurs
The School for Postmen
This film is approximately 20 minutes long; reload the page to start over
Enjoy more two-wheeled Tati magic in the 1949 feature film Jour de fête (Festival Day)
Interesting notes, some courtesy of the Internet Movie Database
- Jacques Tati was voted one of the 50 Greatest Directors of All Time by Entertainment Weekly.
- L’École des Facteurs is rated 7.5 by IMDB, which puts it ahead of many popular features including Easy Rider, Godfather Part II, Titanic and Batman.
- This movie is on the Criterion Collection DVD for Jacques Tati’s Mon Oncle, which is available for rent through Netflix.
- In the dance sequence, Tati throws in some pretty funny pedaling moves.
- How do you suppose Tati got the bicycle to travel sans rider for so far?
- Tati overtaking and then dropping the peloton of racers on his clunky carriers’ bicycle is perfect.
- Be sure to see Jour de fête (Festival Day) for more of Tati’s bicycle comedy.
- Tati won the Best Foreign Movie Academy Award and the Cannes Festival Award in 1958 for Mon Oncle.
- Jacques Tati was born October 9, 1907 and died November 5, 1982.